Saturday, November 22, 2014

A Fourth Heart Beats

The eight week appointment shocked the doctor's once again.  Baby D made itself known!  A fourth heart beat and was measuring the same as the others.  A feeling of joy came over me, that was followed by more shaking!  (warning: do not be alarmed by the shaking that I may mention at each ultra sound, I have comes to terms with it and so should you ;)  it still takes my breath away every time I see four babies).  The doctor then was sure enough to go ahead and schedule my appointment with Dr. Rosmond (the perinatologist aka "high risk" doctor).

I would continue to have scans every week.  My doctors warned of how much "uncomfortable" growth I would experience once I started my second trimester, so I should enjoy how well I had been feeling.  I had been feeling well. Besides gaging every morning (especially when I would take Campbell to school- Jack would ask "Mommy, why you go aaaah?") and randomly through out the day when I encountered odd smells, I was doing well.  


I apologize for bizarre facial expressions and the one picture in my underwear!
My first appointment with Dr. Rosmond left him literally scratching his head.  I take back the "literally" because he was literally rubbing it, but you get what I mean.  He hadn't seen quads in over twenty five years!  I had already been told my doctor's office had never done quads, that St. Mary's had never delivered quads and now the only high risk doctor in town said he hadn't seen quads in over 25 years!  You bet the shaking was back! Heat flooded my cheeks and burned my ears, my vision became speckled, looking at my doctor as he looked at me in amazement rubbing his forehead, brought about panic!  How am I not supposed to be nervous when he looks nervous?  Luckily after sitting in silence for a few minutes(seemed like 30) he asked me if I would want to do selective reduction, which would be reducing(still makes me cringe) the babies from 4 to 2 to improve my chances of carrying healthy babies to a healthy term.  As soon as the question was asked, I responded with no thank you, I will not be doing that.  He continued to explain his reasoning for doing the selective reduction.  He did interrupt himself to tell me he had heard my answer but was going to finish his reasoning anyway. I sat with clinched fists buried between my knees and let him finish.  I smiled with closed lips and said no thank you... I AM NOT INTERESTED!  He looked at me, looked at the screen and then back at me. "Well, you are in great shape, you don't have a terrible pregnancy history, and what a woman's body can go through never ceases to amaze me.  Ok, I will see you back here in three weeks. Good luck"

4 fraternal super twins! All measuring equally!  
I left that appointment saying to myself "We can do four, We can do four!"

No comments:

Post a Comment