Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thankful

   Preparing for Thanksgiving I realized just how much I have to be thankful for.  My last post included a lot of the fear and trepidation that has accompanied this pregnancy; however, there is so much joy too!  I have received an outpouring of love and support from not only family and friends but also those who have been following this blog.  I truly appreciate the prayers, positive and kind words and the offers for future help (which I will be taking you up on!).  I am amazed every time I look back at these ultra sound photos.  I have four babies growing inside of me!  I am able to feel them move now, which is completely different from my singleton pregnancies, and has me going to the bathroom 4 times as much(also because I have to drink over a gallon of water a day!), but I can't help but smile.  And then I tell them to be careful and not kick each other in the head, they have enough odds against them, without in-womb sibling combat!

  I have been so pre-occupied with what "could" happen that I am losing focus on what is happening and that is a blessed pregnancy.  Sure I have constant liquid magma rising up from my chest into my throat, and vurping has replaced normal burping, and after 3pm everyday it feels like a 20lb weight has been placed on my bladder, and my arms are constantly falling asleep, which is about the only part of me that sleeps at night, but I will take it!

  At 15 weeks now I only have 9 more to go to reach our first goal of 24 weeks(which is viability) each week after that is fist-bump worthy until we make 28 weeks(typical birth period for quads).  At 30 weeks you would catch me doing "the Carlton"(a beloved dance from Fresh Prince of Bel-Air)-granted I probably will be having trouble standing at that point, but I will absolutely be doing the Carlton in my head! Our ultimate goal is 32 weeks, it provides much better health for the babies without putting my uterus at risk for rupture!

  I am beyond thankful for my sweet husband, even though I have to veto all his name choices.
        ~ ~brief side note~  in all seriousness he came to me and said "I have the perfect boy name, and I want you to take me seriously, because I really do like this name."  I am at a loss for boy names considering I used my two favorite names on the boys we already have, so I smiled and listened.  "Cal-el" he said with a huge grin on his face.  Now for those of you who are trying to defend my sweet hubs, let me explain, Cal-el is the name of Superman while he was on Krypton!  Not Clarke or even Kent, no no, Cal-el. With my head tilted to one side(like that of a confused puppy) I smiled and said VETO! ~ ~
I am thankful for Campbell and Jack, who have been so sweet about their "four childrens" growing in my belly. Campbell likes to look on Pinterest with me at baby stuff and tell me what we will need.  Jack likes to talk to the babies and pat the top part of my belly(where Baby D lives) and tell him or her "Baby D, when you come out...you get to have some miiiiilk! and I teach you hide and seek."  We are already adjusting different areas of the house to prepare for the quads, since in the not to distant future I won't be able to see my toes, let alone move stuff around!  The boys have been so good about changing things up, they are so excited for their babies!  I pray that excitement continues in the weeks to come and when we have four babies crying at one time!

Baby A

 
Babies B and C

Baby B sucking his or her thumb

Baby D



No comments:

Post a Comment