Tuesday, November 18, 2014

There are FOUR

I still didn't have the words to tell my husband, I knew he would be home soon.  My brother, Brian, had just arrived for me to give him a haircut on my back porch.  If you are a female, you most likely have experienced the "therapy-like"  conversations that occur between stylist and client.  Something about that cape, chair and bond allow people the comfort to reveal their life stories...well this time it was flipped. The minute I starting cutting his hair I blurted out "there are four." He nodded his head in agreement and then stopped and said "wait...what? OH MY GOD!" He then proceeded to ask me what I was going to do, and asked if I had told Matt yet.  I told him I didn't know what to do, I'd never had four babies before! and that I had no idea what to tell Matt, but I needed to decide quickly, because he was on his way home.

Finishing up the haircut, I walked into the kitchen and in walks the Hubs.  My heart was in my throat, I couldn't even look at him in the face.  He loved on our boys, kissed my cheek and asked what was for dinner.  I told him it was in the microwave.  He set the timer and in walked my brother. He asked if he should leave or did I want him to stay for emotional support.  Matt then looked at me and said "it's twins isn't it?!"  I walked across the kitchen and picked up the ultra sound photo.  "There are four!"   He turned and stared into the microwave. Campbell clapped his hands and said "we are going to have four childrens?"  Brian gave Matt a "man hug" and said he would give us some time.  Matt continued to stare into the microwave, even after his food had beeped.  I waited a few minutes and then said I would be in the living room if he had any questions.  I grabbed a load of clothes and sat on the couch beginning to fold them as Matt ate his dinner...in complete silence! My mind was racing all over the place, I could not think of a single sentence to say that would calm him, I could hardly calm myself.  I finally blurted out "i'm not having a party over here, i'm freaking out too". Then I began to cry "you could ask me how I feel!"

---just a brief fyi--- If you find out you are having unplanned quads, and you know your husband was already worrying over the finances of adding just one baby, crying about him not asking how you were feeling is not a positive opening to clear communication---

To be honest, I have no recollection of how our night went after that.  I do remember the feeling of being completely overwhelmed and amazed that I already loved each of my four developing babies.  I knew that if God led us to it, He would lead us through it; however, that sentiment would need to be refreshed within the upcoming weeks!




No comments:

Post a Comment