Tuesday, December 9, 2014

and the genders are...



    My appointment with Dr. Rosmond today went well; I was his first appointment of the day, which resulted in NO waiting!  That is a big hallelujah!   The tech always comes in first to scan and take notes before Rosmond comes in.  She, like my regular OB, also had trouble determining which baby she was looking at. The slightest flick in her wrist and the view goes from one baby's profile to three babies' heads. The membrane that separates them is thinner than that of a latex balloon yet it's practically unbreakable(God amazes me!).  Once she was able to get her bearings, she began the tedious work of measuring and monitoring all aspects of the babies, from their structure to their organs to the fluid around them.  She was sure on the gender of three of baby A, B, and D, but baby C was being a stinker!  She voiced her opinion on what she thought it was, but wanted to see what Rosmond would determine it to be.
Baby A- you can see the hand right by the face
three babies in one view
    Dr. Rosmond came in said his brief "how you do's" and then began scanning.  I am always so nervous when he scans, because he does it in complete silence!  I am afraid to breath too loudly!  He let out big sigh, leaned back in his chair, shook his head back and forth and started rubbing his chin.  I about passed right out!  My mind was spinning with the possibilities of what bad news he was about to tell me, I could feel the blood drain from my face!  Then he sighed again and said "I am so happy with how they are all looking, I just can't believe it!" I sat confused for a moment and then replied, "I'm so happy you are so happy!" He then talked about how well each baby was growing and from everything he was able to see, there were no causes for concern, and to keep doing what I was doing.  He asked if I had any concerns, to which I replied the amount of pain I am in at the end of the day.  I asked if they would be moving up soon, to give me some relief.  He said that they would be moving, but it would be them getting bigger and that is going to bring on a whole new spectrum of pain, so the pain would change, but not get better.   AWESOME!   He then asked me what he had told me at my last visit regarding their genders.  At that time he though it was two and two, but he was mistaken!


Baby B's legs and foot
baby C

baby D- you can see how it's legs come up and over it's body!


No comments:

Post a Comment