Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Punch You in the Face Pain

  Calling my OB is always a dreaded experience.  I wish I knew how to determine the cause of my sharp pains, moderate-drawn out-aches, and my holy moly-"punch you in the face if you touch my belly" pains, but I don't. I did not go to medical school,  I do not have a career in obstetrics, I do not, nor have I ever, studied the ins and outs of a high order multiple pregnancy; er go I am left no choice but to call the one who has done all the above mentioned, when I am experiencing agony!  I went in yesterday to get "checked out" and after a quick heartbeat check ultra sound and a cervix check(fun), I was told that because the babies are not to 24 weeks yet and are not viable outside of the womb, there was no point in monitoring my contractions and that I should be on bed rest for the next three days.

 ~~ warning!!!venting about to occur~~

  I understand that my babies are not able to live outside the womb at this point, but they are still living inside, and they are my babies!  When you make me feel that my babies(no matter what "gestational age" they are) are not significant enough for you to care about, I very easily might PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE!  I am aware they are not to 24 weeks, but geez, I still need to get to 24 weeks, and would appreciate a bit of compassion in doing so. Maybe in all those years of study, a few sensitivity classes should have been a part of the curriculum!

  I feel so lost at times, because non of my team of health care professionals, have ever dealt with quads before.  I'm sure the thought process is that it should be viewed and treated like a triplet pregnancy, but as they have contradicted themselves before, another baby increases the problems and pains and decreases the amount of baby living space and baking time!
  What does bed rest look like?  Only getting up to go to the bathroom, which is still often since I am still drinking a gallon of water a day.  I am very thankful my dad is able to be here today and help with Jack. Thinking "oh I can just get up, real quick, and make a sandwich, or change over the clothes, or load the dishwasher, etc." is not allowed, and truthfully, not possible!  Just getting up to go to the bathroom is painful and raises my heart rate! I want to be able to do more for my family, these babies, and my company, but I know that "more" is not possible.  Letting go of my "illusion of control" is never easy!  I will, despite how hard it is, do nothing, and in doing so, give my babies the best chance to thrive! 32 weeks, here we come!!

I should find comfort that even my Heavenly Father rested after all the creating He had done!







 

2 comments:

  1. If so, text me… 706-207-3118
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, for some reason my first comment was not posted…anyway it said…
    Hey Julie,
    I have been keeping up with your blog and praying for you! I was wondering if y'all could use a meal this weekend?
    Kim Hawkins

    ReplyDelete