Sunday, December 7, 2014

Symptoms and Circumstance

     The past few days I have been super tired!  Not just tired, but so tired that when I was putting on my eyeliner to go to church this morning, I fell asleep!  When there was a long pause in prayer at church, I had to pray to stay alert, and then I had to finish out the remainder of the prayer with my eyes open!  It's not just tired...it's bordering on narcolepsy!  Supposedly, the fatigue gets better in the second trimester, I guess those statistics never included a quad mama!  Maybe the increase in fatigue is due to my decrease in sleep after 4am.  I am not sure how the babies have already gotten on a schedule, but every morning right at 4 or shortly after I have to get up to use the bathroom, then when I am trying to go back to sleep the babies start moving all around.  I have to learn to come to terms with my uterus being a 4am pin ball machine!
      I have, however, learned that tums, much like Tylenol, are truly just made of water!  Neither have any medicinal affect to them, they act as placebo's to convince the mind that you have taken medicine.  I am more pleased with the outcome of my Pepcid AC.  
      ~~~~No lie, as I started this tums conversation, I vurped so badly it made my eyes water!  Having Scholtzky's re-surface 3 hours after you have consumed it, is just wrong!  My throat was on fire and I couldn't stop coughing, and as you pregnant ladies know sometimes when you get coughing or laughing too hard, you can expect a little tinkle to come out!(for those who have yet to have kids, just a little heads up).  It is quite amazing the drama that can unfold within seconds; anyway, after I tended myself I took one of my Pepcids and decided that I needed to give that medicine the credit it deserves!~~~~
      Another circumstance I am actually happy to come to terms with is needing a seat in my shower.  I was getting worn slap out taking a shower!  As soon as I would get finished I would have to go lie down!  My sweet husband took the boys to Home Depot yesterday so I could rest and he came back with an adjustable shower stool and a new shower head that has a detachable hose!  Good man he is!
     
    I head to my peri(aka perinatologist ~aka high risk doc~ aka Dr. Rosmond) on Tuesday.  Hopefully this appointment will be less stinky and more productive!  The gender suspense is killing me!  More to come...


No comments:

Post a Comment