Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Let the Husband Tinker

      There are times in your life when you make plans, there are times when your plans "go out the window," then there are times when you plan to have one baby and God gives you four!  Ok, so maybe you have not experience the 4 baby plan change, but take it from me, it is so far out the window, you can't even see the plan with a telescope! As the babies are growing... and I am growing, the simplest tasks are met with dramatic resistance, taking a shower, walking to the mailbox, even getting dressed looks like improv Yoga!  I was thinking that I wouldn't have to do weekly meal prep until after the babies were born, but that is not going to be the case!  I am having such a hard time standing at then end of the day and making dinner takes forever because it is constantly interrupted with couch...and bathroom breaks!  Usually I save the "easy"dinners(popcorn chicken, noodles and sauce, hot dogs(not proud)) for the end of the week when we have enjoyed at least three days of delightful home cookin', but not this week!  I was so looking forward to the pork loin, asparagus, and rice that I had planned for tonight, but I just couldn't make it happen.  Matt gets home too late to wait on him to cook dinner, so now I have to adjust my plan of attack!  Sunday will have to = weeks worth o' meal making day...Matt will need some convincing, Sunday after church is his time to tinker!!! He spent hours Sunday making a cat house for Moses...that's right, hours on a cat house and it's still not finished.
     It has never worked in my benefit to take "tinker time" away from the hubs.  Before we got married, he was legitimately struggling with OCD. So much so, he would lock and shake door knobs three time, beep his car lock three times and walk to the back to check the trunk, and I won't even get into his teeth brushing routine!  But since we have gotten married and had kids, he has done well to let those things go...all but the teeth brushing routine!  It has been my observation that since he no longer has daily OCD fits, he needs his weekly tinker time, so I will have to approach the subject gently... on second thought, I'll just choose to save my marriage and ask my dad to come help me cook!
    
    
    

  

No comments:

Post a Comment