Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Such a Magical Time

   I went in for my regular OB check up this morning at 10:30am, at 11am I was brought back to a "non-usable" patient room where I sat and waited for an ultra-sound room to open up.  It was 11:28am when I was taken back to the ultrasound room where I would wait another 15minutes for my doctor to come in.  Now, I understand having to wait at a doctor's office, hence why I no longer arrive earlier than my scheduled time.  Why would I want to tac on more time to my waiting?  I even run a service based company where "unforeseen" occurrences happen thus resulting in the service provider running behind!  So the waiting... I get.  What I don't get is having a mother who is not only pregnant, but pregnant with quadruplets wait for an hour and thirteen minutes!  Do they not realize how many times I have to get up to go to the bathroom in an hour and thirteen minutes?  or how many times I have to change positions and even the chairs that i'm sitting in?  I am so uncomfortable all the time recently, and I'm only 16weeks! I dread my future appointments where I will be even bigger than I am now!
    The worst part, however, about this whole visit today was the fact that I just happened to be following a family of three smokers into each room I went in!  Anyone who knows me well or works with me knows that I have a hound dog nose, and when I'm pregnant it is a hound dog nose on steroids!!!  My smokers at work know, it is not a "judgement" thing, but if you chose to smoke, then you must linger (preferably while spinning) outside for a few minutes before coming back inside where you must wash your hands, spritz "smell good" stuff and pop some gum!  It's not a judgement thing, it's a smell thing! I don't judge those who pass gas, and we ALL do that! But if I hear it happen I don't have to stand there and take deep breaths, I can walk away! Not a judgement thing, a smell thing! My biggest gag reflex this pregnancy has been smell! Except for the brief "meat- aversion" period where I literally opened a package of ground beef to cook, gaged so hard, I just panicked and threw it away! (not my finest hour, as that was supposed to be our dinner!) But other than that, biggest trigger has been and is smell.  When we(my mom was with me) got back to the second room I would wait in, the same room the smokers had just vacated, I left the door open and searched my purse for some "smell good" lotion.  I proceeded to apply the lotion to my hands and arms(not throughly emulsifying it into the skin) and wave my arms frantically through the air in hopes to create my own air freshener system!  It is not the "best" but works nicely when in a bind!  When we got back to the ultrasound room, again just happened to be the one the smokers recently vacated, the nurse saw me crinkle my face and gag so she kindly brought back some Febreeze! we still left the door open until my doctor came in for air circulation purposes!
   The actual appointment that involved the checking of the babies went well!  They all looked great and had good heartbeats.  It is getting harder and harder to tell which baby we are looking at.  They are all squished on top of each other with only a thin membrane to separate them. My mom kept asking, "wait, is that the same baby we just looked at?"  It also doesn't help the confusion that the slightest shift of the wrist alters the view and often results in the Doctor starting over!  There are still four babies with four good heartbeats, so that's what is wonderful!  What is not so wonderful is that these four babies are not co-operating with revealing their gender!  There has been a confirmed boy sighting by both my high-risk doctor and by my regular ob; however, neither they nor I know if they are seeing that same "original" boy or if this is a different baby!  They have also both said, while looking at a baby, this one looks like it could be a girl (but not as convincing as the boy sighting).  I'm still giddy with the "could be a girl!"  The bigger the babies get, the less room they have to move reducing my chance of gettingt a good "in between the legs shot." Hopefully with Dr. Rosmond(high-risk doc) next week, he will be able to manipulate his fancy equipment to get a better view!
   After my appointment I headed back to work and pulled into Chic-fil-a, after 12pm, to grab some lunch.  I tell you it was after 12, because if I can wait until 11am to eat lunch, that is a HUGE accomplishment!  So as you can imagine, I was starving.  In the drive through line there was one guy with his hand held taking orders and swiping cards and then an employee with no hand held came and stood by my window with his hands in his pockets.  I was very confused, how was he planning to take my order?  But I rolled down my window and when asked, told him what I would like for lunch. I specified that I wanted the value size fry (at Chic-fil-a it's the biggest fry, and it comes in a red box).  My heart starting racing as he yelled my order the guy in front of him(with the hand held) and he only said large fry!  Again, I started to panic.  There I sat slowing creeping through the line, starving! My mouth was filling with saliva and my cheeks filled with heat. "What if the fry wasn't big enough?!"  When I finally got to the window, I panicked and yelled for them to please add a small fry!  With a sigh of relief, I awaited my order.  I did in fact get the "red box" ff and a small ff, and I did in fact eat them all...along with my sandwich!
    I apologize in advance for this quad momma's mood, smell, or hunger attacks.  I cannot, despite my best efforts, control my actions, facial expressions, or vocal vomiting during any or all of the above mentioned attacks.   I also experience random "lightening pain" that strikes anywhere from the front of my belly, to the side, and down to the crotch due to what the doctor called"exponential growth pains."  I cannot control my response to those attacks either...such a magical time;)

weeks 11,12, & 13

weeks 14 & 15

  
what I feel like!!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment