Wednesday, January 14, 2015

A Day in the Life...


      Two babies are 22 weeks today!  The other two will be 22 weeks on Friday, odd seeing as how none of them are identical...that would make more sense; however I have come to realize not much of this pregnancy "makes sense."  I talked with my regular OB doctor yesterday and she said that for now, my peri (high risk doc) will be taking over.  I am on bed rest and am no longer allowed to drive.  I monitor my blood pressure several times a day.  It gets so low(100/56 avg) I feel that I'm going to pass out.  My doctor asked if I was getting in the "all fours" position.  I try so hard to keep calm and be respectful, but I really just want to say "yes, I am; however, I cannot spend all day on all fours! You can't even begin to imagine the amount of pressure that it puts on my belly button(feels like they could fall out of that little bitty "button" at anytime) and it makes my back feel like it will snap in two! and the amount of times I have "hot lava" indigestion in that position is just stupid! and who can stay in that position all day? seriously...who???" But instead I said I would try my best to get in that position as much as possible but when I'm not I can just expect to be light headed?  She said, "unfortunately yes."  Awesome!
      Being on bed rest, I am so very thankful for my amazing church Life Group(some call it a small group, but these people are in no way small and we are there for each other for life!) several gave up their own family time this past Sunday to come help Matt paint the nursery and put together cribs.
The ladies helped me to go through and organize donated clothes...and they brought desserts!!!! (In the beginning of my pregnancy I was all about the salt, now, I want brownies, Swedish Fish , and Reisen Chocolate Chews! I don't know why, but I LOVE them)!  Two of the three ladies that were able to come are pregnant themselves, five to six weeks ahead of me.  It's so crazy to see how they function in comparison to myself.  I know I should never compare, but I am human!  I am so thankful for this pregnancy and love these babies, but not being able to drive, feeling like I am going to pass out at any point during the day, struggling to change positions, put on my own socks, bend down to get something off the floor, etc, makes me realize just how much I took for granted my singleton pregnancies, and the new found respect I have for those who carry multiples(Not to in any way suggest that there are not issues, discomforts and so forth with singleton pregnancies).  I have a dear friend that is pregnant with identical twin boys that have TTTS, her baby A has been such a fighter this whole pregnancy and keeps defying the odds, causing the doctors to wonder, yet we know that prayers are being answered! My friend's faith and strength through this difficult journey is so inspiring to me, and reminds that, no matter what difficulties my body is facing, I am so grateful that my babies are growing and doing well, and what a blessing it is that they are four fraternal super twins that do not have to share a placenta!
22 weeks
     People often ask what it is I do being on bed rest.  Thankfully I am able to log in from home to do what I need to do for work, and I have an amazing team at the salon who makes this process a lot less challenging than it could have been.  I Face Time in for meetings which allows me to feel like I am still a part of my team! Nothing compares to being able to spend one-on-one, in person time with my team, but I will take what I can get.  My aunt has been teaching me how to knit, I have finished my little girl's preemie hat and I have started on a blanket, so that helps to occupy some time during my day.  I have to drink at least a gallon of water a day(not as easy as you may think), I check my blood pressure through out the day.  I have now watched all of Criminal Minds on Netflix.  I rest, it is hard for me to fall asleep because my blood pressure drops so low I have to re-postion so that I don't struggle to breathe.  I write, check in on the sweet comments on the Quads FB page, and am currently in search of a great book to read.  I love Francine Rivers, but I have already read her most recent book and doubt she would or could write another one, just to keep me entertained!  So any great book recommendations, send them my way!  Meanwhile I'll be baking these babies!
this is what the table beside my recliner looks like: snacks, two cups of  water, computer, office papers, blood pressure cuff, remote, and knitting basket.  I just realized I am missing my Pepcid from my table! 
   
     

2 comments:

  1. I adore reading your updates! I hope you or Matt can continue to update those of us who are cheering you on from afar after those precious angels make their appearance. I know you won't be having much Netflix and knitting time after that happens (two of my favorite things also!). Thank you so much for giving all of us a glimpse into your beautiful life. You are in my constant prayers!

    XO,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, this is Susan. I used to work with Kara Smith in West Virginia. She told me about your blog. I am praying and rooting for all of you! As a reader, my new "like" is Ann Pachett. I have read two of her books recently, Bel Canto and The Magician's Assistant. And I read Orange is the New Black twice. That book is no where near as R+ rated as the series of the same name.

    ReplyDelete