Saturday, January 3, 2015

mind blown

         Last night I got on Facebook, and in my news feed was the Gardener's post about their babies weights.  I made a simple comment that said:
what were the babies gestational age at birth?
 I am 20 weeks pregnant with quads and am following closely.  
Thank you for sharing.   
I then got off of Facebook and went back to what I was doing (laying in bed with my belly propped on a pillow)!  Later, after the boys went to bed I received a text from a sweet friend, while I had my phone out, I opened up FB because the icon had 71 in a red circle in the top right hand corner.  I had never received 71 notifications before so I thought, surely, it was the response in the Gardner's posts and FB had glitched and I was being notified to how many people had commented on their post.  I got on my computer to see if the "glitch" appeared there as well.  When I pulled up FB on my computer, I had over 82 new friend requests, 71 comments to my comment on the Gardner's post(by the way, I didn't even know you could comment on one particular person's comment!).  Then the bleep bleeping started(the sound my computer makes when someone messages me or a notification occurs.  More and more comments, people now wanting to follow my journey and wanting me to create a quad FB page, more and more friend requests... I began to sweat!  I'm not talking a little rosy in the cheeks, I'm talking droplets of sweat(everywhere but from my forehead...go figure).  I called my salon "right hand" and good friend to ask her what to do, I had no idea how to create a separate page.  All the friend requests were coming to my personal account, how was I to accept those requests but on a new page...more sweating!  I looked back on my phone and had received notifications that 20 new people were now following me on Instagram!  People are very social media savvy, I wouldn't know where to begin, to find someone whose comment I "liked" on FB on Instagram???  more sweating!
            After I got up and re-applied some deodorant, my husband and I tinkered with setting up a new FB page(all the while 112 notifications came through...bleep bleep...more sweating...bleep bleep...more sweating).  I confirmed all friend requests on my personal page and just posted the link to my new page(sorry FB savvy people who are shaking their head at how hard I made it on myself).  We sat there for a moment and watched all the "likes" come through on the new page I had just created, the one that only had two pictures on it and a link to my blog.  Complete strangers all of the sudden cared what I had to say? all because of a question I asked on someone else's page?  It was in no way insightful, or inspiring, or riddled with humor...just a question.  I started feeling pressure to "be" something that these people were needing me to be.  Then I recalled an article written by a pastor in our town that talked about the pros and cons of social media in a believer's life.  One point made was that God called us to go and spread His word and the love of Christ with everyone, everywhere, and social media can be an outlet to doing so.  He also reminded us that this would not be impossible if we didn't stay sensitive to the Holy Spirit's guidance in doing so.  To which I commented #holyspiritsensitive.  If God was now allowing me a high reached public outlet to share our story I would follow His lead.  Be real, be truthful and above all else, glorify HIM!
              The next morning when I was able to get on FB I saw a comment from a lady who struggles with pain everyday and she said that how reading the part in my blog where I talk about how God does give us more than we can handle, but not more than we can handle WITH Him, reminded her that He is still with her!  Amen, if that's not an answered prayer?!  Another lady said she was following and praying for us from Auckland, New Zealand!  I am being continually blown away by people's kindness.  My blog went from over 5,000 page views to over 51,000 page views in less than 8 hours!  (just motioned my hands exploding out from my head).
             Yesterday morning, before any of this happened, Matt and I sat down with the Children's pastor from our church(WFBC) and his wife.  He was reassuring us that we were not in this journey alone and that our church family wanted to offer love and support and to explain what exactly that meant.  God was confirming to me that church is more than a building and a place to gather, the Church is the people and I am so thankful for all of them.
            Now that the sweating is under control, I will continue to post our journey(the good, the bad and the ugly) and bake these babies!  From the bottom of our hearts, we thank you for following this journey and praying for these babies.  32 weeks, here we come!
             
       
         

7 comments:

  1. What an exciting journey you are on :) What is your Facebook page? God bless your family :) praying for you from Florida.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Oh-My-Quad-Kirklands-Journey/704023096362578
      Thank you Lisa, I truly appreciate your prayers

      Delete
  2. Dear Julianne,
    I am Ashley Gardner's Mother. I have read your blog and we are so thrilled for you. Your experience is much like Ashley's, she posted a video about her infertility journey on her facebook page and within 24 hrs it went viral. It is pretty mind blowing! As I have read your blog, I believe you and Ashley have so much in common: your faith in God and His divine guidance and your willingness to share that with others. You are also both very strong women and an example for so many. We will be praying for your strength to carry these precious spirits that he has entrusted in your care. May you feel His presence as you travel this path. And feel free to contact Ashley if you have any questions as she would love to help with any thing that might come up as she knows you journey well. Much love to you and yours, Marylou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marylou, I love that you are also Grammy(that is what my boys call my mom). Thank you for taking the time to read my story and then to send me such a kind message. So amazing how God is working! I would love opportunity to speak further with you or Ashley(I know she truly understands the joys and the fears of this pregnancy). So as to not reveal our personal info via the internet, if you could send me a personal message via fb with an email for you(I think that would be safe)or if you have another idea, I know my mom would have a few questions from one Grammy to another!

      Delete
  3. How come no one is questioning Cubit's (and Mazur's) role in all of this. Both he and Mazur lost the election last year running as republicans. Now they are questioning people who won. A major conflict of interest.facebook

    ReplyDelete
  4. ou click on the link to the group page. On the group page, there is a line towards the top and under the cover picture. You should see something that says "Join Group". Click on that and then a moderator will add you to the group. Buy Facebook Likes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm… I read blogs on a similar topic, but i never visited your blog. I added it to favorites and i’ll be your constant reader.
    facebook

    ReplyDelete