Sunday, January 11, 2015

Doing "The Turtle"

If you ever need to be reminded of the little things in life you take for granted...carry quads!  I miss being able to get out of bed without feeling like a turned over turtle!  I now understand why maternity pants don't have button closures, besides the comfy factor, you reach a point where can't see the top of your pants.  I have to push my rear all the way back and stretch my neck forward to see my toes, only to be saddened because I need a pedicure.  I am so very thankful for my shower stool, but I get so frustrated when I have to use it as soon as I get in the shower.  I try so hard to stand and wash my hair, but I can't even get to the rinse before I have to sit, and then I remain on the stool so long that when I finally have saved enough energy to get up, I have somewhat painful indentions on my bottom.  Drying off after a shower is hit and miss. I am able to get my belly, hair, arms, and back, but my legs and feet are often dried by me holding onto one end of the towel and trying to throw the towel to wrap around my leg(an unsuccessful attempt).  I then dry my feet by dropping the towel on top of them and kicking my feet around in the towel until I feel they are dry. I miss being able to throw on some clothes and go.  Instead, I sit down at my vanity and struggle to get my foot through the leg opening of my underwear! And then if I happen to sneeze, I tend to pee myself, and then start the process over again!  My sweet Jack always helps me put on my socks!! Good thing, because without him, I'd be barefoot!  I never thought my bra would be used to catch crumbs!  One night, while taking a bath, I noticed several black dots where my chest meets the top of my belly.  I was so confused, they were poppy seeds!  It took me a minute, but then I remembered the everything bagel of my turkey sandwich, I ate for lunch, had poppy seeds on it.  My husband gave me such a hard time about it, all in good humor!  I have learned an advanced form of yoga, trying to get up from the toilet!  
     I miss being able to hold my pee for more than twenty minutes, granted at night I usually only have to get up 4 times, but doing "the turtle" 4 times in the middle of the night grates on one's nerves. When I am "sleeping" (and I say that in quotations because I am doubtful I am ever fully asleep) and on my right side I have terrible reflux, I am talking free flowing lava up into my mouth!!!  When I make my way over to the left side, my arms go numb and my ears fill with heat.  I then move to a reclined position with pillows, until I struggle to breath and my face feels fuzzy! And so goes my "sleep dance." 
       It is so hard for me not to pick up my boys and wrestle with them.  Not always being able to sit at the table with them for dinner, is harder than I would have imagined.  Jack still seems ok with it, but Campbell is now not wanting to leave my side.  He is so sweet and sensitive, and he loves his baby brother's and sister and asks to feel them move, but I know his little mind is trying to process how his world is about to change.  

      I have been trying to deal with one of the babies pushing on my Vena Cava(the vein that returns blood to the heart from your lower body). I get very light headed, fight to catch my breath, and my ears start ringing.  The only position of relief is all fours, which is actually quite comfortable until it feels like the babies are about to explode out of my belly button!

      I know once these babies come, every ache, spasm, pain, and irritation will be a distant memory and will all be worth it!  Matt is so worried, it's hard to imagine this belly growing for 11 more weeks to reach our  GOAL of 32 weeks. I am fighting gravity at this point and there is no such thing as balance!  Every kick I feel, even the painful ones to my liver and ribs, I am thankful for and after the immediate pain stricken face, I do smile.  I love when they move in response to Matt, Campbell or Jack's voice, it melts my heart!


                                                                             
Me at 21weeks 4 days! Campbell talking to his babies and feeling them respond! Matt and the boys taping the nursery preparing for paint!

** Matt and I have been so amazed and blessed at the outpouring of love and support of so many, to our family.  It is still overwhelming at times to know that we will have six kids under six!  and your prayers and words of encouragement motivate us to keep putting one foot in front of the other.  For those who have asked, cards, gifts and donations can be mailed to:
PO Box 1573 Watkinsville, Ga 30677

No comments:

Post a Comment